Thursday 25 October 2012

Swiss Meringue Buttercream

I always like to frost my cupcake to make them look beautiful and lovely. But the normal buttercream is such a turn off. :(  It is for me way too sweet. 

But worry no more, i discover this Swiss Meringue Buttercream which is using egg white and castor sugar. :) Thanks to my favorite blogger Wendy for her recipe.  Using Castor sugar and i can adjust the sweetness according to my own preference. ya-hoo.... I am going to make this for my girl birthday cake. She is requesting Castle cake for home celebration and princess cake for school celebration. =.=" my girl thought her mummy very good in baking...OMG. But i like the challenge and i will sure i can make it. Stay tune for my castle and princess cake post. :p hahaha 

This is my 3rd attempts and finally i got it right. :( looks easy but in actual fact, not really.
Little notes: Do not make the water too cold or warm. You will not get the desire texture. 

Ingredients:-
60g Egg whites
85g Castor Sugar (original called for 100g)
170g Butter (take out just before start heating the egg white)

Method:-
1. Put sugar and egg whites in a large heatproof bowl, place over a simmering water (double boiler) and constantly whisk until hot to touch and whisk until sugar dissolved. The mixture will looks like marshmallow cream. 
2. Remove from the heat and continue whisk about 5mins till peaks are stiff, thick and glossy. (speed 3)
3. Place the bowl of meringue on top of the large bowl. (DO not use cold water, Not icy water). Now add in butter, beat until smooth before add in another. Continue beating and beat until smooth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...